Online English Language Development (ELD Level 2)
Module: Level 2 Foundational Literacy Skills
Many of our Long-Term English Learners (LTELs) have gaps in understanding advanced phonic structures such as spelling patterns as well as word knowledge of prefixes and suffixes. Developed specifically for English learners at the secondary level, our standards-based module provides specialized instruction to support the development of advanced foundational literacy skills.
The acquisition of critical literacy skills is accelerated through application of the latest instructional strategies, technologies and materials.
|Skill Area||Examples of Topics Covered|
|Word Knowledge and Spelling Patterns||
- Standards-based online curriculum and downloadable teacher resources and online writing exercises
- Scaffolded instruction throughout builds on previously-taught concepts
- Video input with interactive exercises output to enable practice and progress tracking
- Multi-sensory techniques – text, audio, video and images – provide equity and access for all English learners
- Developed by a National Board certified ELD educator and evaluator for the English Language Proficiency Assessment of California (ELPAC)