English Language Development Courses
Developed specifically for use in schools, our proven online programs help English learners overcome language roadblocks and make rapid progress.
Aligned with the most recent ELD standards, the Language Tree Online programs engage middle and high school learners with both age and level-appropriate content. Scaffolded instruction together with video, visual and audio reinforcements make new concepts and vocabulary easier to grasp. Students can access our course using any connected device for classroom or in-home learning.
Our solutions can serve as supplemental tools, form the foundation for your ELD/ESOL/ENL curriculum or be used for summer intervention programs. They are typically supported by Title III funding.
English Language Development (ELD) Level 1
ELD Level 1 is an English language development program for beginner level ELs and Newcomers in the secondary grades. This comprehensive hybrid program includes standards-based online assessments and lessons, downloadable instructional routines and a module on acculturation to support socio-emotional development.
- Provides teachers with a better understanding of each student's language gaps — all the way down to the individual skill level
- Accelerates English language proficiency progress with lessons aligned with the latest ELD standards, including WIDA, CA 2012 and TEKs
- Transfers knowledge of cultural norms to help newcomer students gain confidence in their new school environments
English Language Development (ELD) Level 2
After completing Level 1, or based on formative assessments, students can move onto ELD Level 2. The Level 2 program focuses on the needs of intermediate and long-term English learners (LTELs) and helps prepare for re-designation. Extra emphasis is placed on writing and speaking skills, with practice writing assignments and self-recording exercises.
- Standards-aligned assessments precisely identify the language issues that impede progress (particularly relevant for LTELs)
- Subject matter content and vocabulary, from Social Studies, Math, Sciences and Language Arts, are embedded in the language lessons to help students with academic language
- Robust digital curriculum lasts a full academic year when used with fidelity
ELD Programs for Summer School
Language Tree Online is here to help you get ready for summer school! We know that educators already have a lot to do, so we offer a ready-made summer curriculum for your secondary grade English learners.