Online English Language Development (ELD Level 1)
Module: Level 1 Language Function and Construction
Language Function and Construction focuses on helping students 1) create awareness of available language resources, 2) learn how English is structured and organized and 3) develop meaning using language choices.
|Skill Area||Examples of Topics Covered|
|Structuring Cohesive Text||
|Expanding and Enriching Ideas||
|Connecting and Condensing Ideas||
To view the full scope and sequence for Language Tree Online ELD Level 1 and Level 2, click here.
- Standards-based online curriculum and downloadable teacher resources
- Scaffolded instruction builds on concepts previously taught
- Video input with interactive exercises output to enable practice and progress tracking
- Multi-sensory techniques – text, audio, video and images – provide equity and access for all English learners
- Developed by a National Board certified ELD educator and evaluator for the English Language Proficiency Assessment of California (ELPAC)