Onboarding Process for Districts Using Clever
Step 1: Rostering
Recommended Timing: At least 2 Weeks before Go Live date
Language Tree Online (LTO) must complete a manual roster sync to enroll eligible students into the LTO course.
- District to set up SFTP (public key authenticated) where roster data can be retrieved by LTO.
- District transfers initial roster data to LTO using a secure method. At a minimum, we need to receive the data below for each teacher and student who will be using our program. See provided .csv template for more detail on the fields.
Step 2: Clever SSO Integration
Recommended Timing: After we confirm users have been rostered in our system
A Clever connection between the District and LTO would need to be made in order for students and teachers to access our program using Clever single sign-on.
- District to request data sharing with LTO through Clever. Please note that not every school or student in the district should be enrolled in this program, which is only for English learners. District IT should verify with the admin or teacher which schools and/or student data should be shared with LTO. The number of shared users should be within the contracted number of users.
- LTO will approve request as soon as possible but no later than one business day.
- The sync process would need to finish for the LTO app icon to appear on the district's portal. Note: This usually happens within 1-2 hours but can take up to 24 hours
Step 3: Testing
Recommended Timing: At least 1 Week before Go Live date
District IT should test whether a student or teacher can access the LTO program through SSO.
- The LTO app icon should be visible on the student portal or teacher portal
- Important: IDs used for testing should be in the roster data that was sent to LTO
Note: LTO is live on Clever/Catalog: https://clever.com/app-gallery/language-tree-online
This could be a workaround entry to LTO for a district still waiting for the LTO icon to appear on their portal.
SSO login encountered following error:
Reason: Student profile doesn’t exist on Moodle. District IT either needs to change test id used or manually create an OAuth2 user on Moodle